Origin of entrepreneurFrench from Old French entreprendre: see enterprise
A group of modern entrepreneurs.
- The idea could be a new procedure or a new way to provide a service.
- The product could be something simple such as a new type of hair comb or it could be a multi-part product such as a new electronic item.
- An example of entrepreneur is Bill Gates.
- An example of entrepreneur is a stay at home mom who comes up with a great idea for a new children’s toy.
- An example of entrepreneur is an experienced business manager who decides to take the skills he or she has learned working for others and starts their own consulting firm.
Origin of entrepreneurFrench from Old French from entreprendre to undertake ; see enterprise .
- en′tre·pre·neur′i·al·ism en′tre·pre·neur′ism
entrepreneur - Investment & Finance Definition
A person who starts his or her own business. The entrepreneur assumes the risk but stands to gain the profits. The entrepreneur may continue to operate the business, or may decide to sell out to a larger competitor or sell the company to the public in an initial public offering.
A person who starts a business from scratch. The risk, as well as the possible reward, for an entrepreneur is very high. Funding for the business may come from personal funds, cash advances on credit cards, or loans from friends or family. If the entrepreneur has a technology-related business, he or she may look for funding from angels, who are wealthy investors who fund start-up businesses, or venture capitalists.
- Working as a home-based entrepreneur can be very rewarding, personally and financially, if you have the right concept, a good business plan, and are willing to put in the work and energy necessary to build a successful business.
- As the winner of Olympic gold in 1960 and an avid professional athlete, Jean and fellow entrepreneur Roger Pouilloux understood that the world of ski and sporting equipment was lacking in goggles and other eyewear.
- If you are a business entrepreneur or an investor and are on the hunt for the next big thing in lingerie, want to find out about the latest trends, or just have an interest in the business side of lingerie, then Infomat is the site for you.
- Benjamin Franklin is considered a famous entrepreneur thanks to his many endeavors, and throughout history, people like Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, and many others used their creativity and talents to transform business and create wealth.
- When she later met and married entrepreneur Steve Shriver, Andrea's little home business quickly became a thriving company, not as the Eco Lips brand, but as a company who manufactured lip balms for other brands.