Thomas Edison was an inventor.
The definition of an inventor is a person who comes up with an idea for something new.
An example of an inventor is Alexander Graham Bell who invented the telephone.
a person who invents; esp., one who devises a new contrivance, method, etc.
- One who invents, either as a hobby or as an occupation.
- Merchiston Academy, housed in the old castle of Napier, the inventor of logarithms, is another institution conducted on English public school lines.
- He is now remembered and honored as the inventor of the steamboat.
- This last-named inventor has 3 See V.
- The founder of a sect or party, or an inventor, impresses us less when we know how or by what the way was prepared for his activity.
- His treatises De mensura astrolabii and De utilitatibus astrolabii (to be found, on the authority of Salzburg MSS., in Pez, Thesaurus anecdotorum novissimus, iii.) being the first contributions of moment furnished by a European to this subject, Hermann was for a time considered the inventor of the astrolabe.