- full of color or of vivid colors
- full of interest or variety; vivid
A very colorful dress.
- An example of colorful is a bright orange dress.
- An example of colorful is an exciting and funny book about a situation that includes a lot of vivid detail.
The definition of colorful is a brightly colored or interesting person or thing.
- Full of color; abounding in colors: colorful leaves in the fall.
- Characterized by rich variety; vividly distinctive: colorful language.
color + -ful
- Someone brought her a colorful picture book.
- The surface of the water ruptured, spewing a colorful fish into the air.
- The colorful walls and frequently changing art on the walls (some of it is for sale) creates a fun atmosphere for this cozy joint.
- For a strikingly colorful, yet simple dish, try orange and beet salad.
- The chunky blocks of the stone walls were decorated with art done by children, and colorful mats covered the floor.