- Jane Seymour is an example of a classy woman.
- Sending thank you cards is an example of a classy activity.
The definition of classy is a person or thing that has a lot of style and elegance.
adjectiveclass·i·er, class·i·est Informal
Highly stylish; elegant.
(comparative classier, superlative classiest)
- Elegant, highly stylish or fashionable.
- That's a very classy outfit.
- (Ironic) Showy; tasteless; trying unsuccessfully to demonstrate taste.
- He gave us a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau with a gold label - really classy.
- Of a superior type; especially, exhibiting admirable personal qualities.
- That was a classy response.
class + -y
- Men's World Time Watch: Already coveted by collectors, this exclusive 2009 emblematic complication model boasts a classy white or yellow gold case with a hand-crafted cloisonné enamel dial showing a realistic Europe/Asia map.
- In a city where finding classy, affordable lodging with a New York City hotel can be challenging and where nightly rates can vary from hundreds to thousands, the Skyline Hotel is affordable, clean, and devoted to customer service.
- Harding), scandalous thespians (Fatty Arbuckle), British invading rock bands (The Beatles), classy pop singers who leave their hearts (Tony Bennett), and eye-raising organic farming British royalty (Prince Charles with Camilla).
- From athletic t-shirts and running shorts to more classy polo shirts and jackets, the student bookstore provides plenty of shopping selection for a visitor looking for casual Monterey Bay clothing.
- While GT and Jax specializes in all things classy and formal, Rollin Rita's is casual fun for kids, family reunions, company picnics and anything else you can dream up as a reason to play outside.