- any of various small, strong, two-wheeled vehicles drawn by a horse, ox, pony, etc.
- a light, uncovered wagon or carriage
- a small, wheeled vehicle, drawn or pushed by hand
Origin of cartMiddle English from Old Norse kartr (akin to Old English cræt; origin, originally , body of a cart made of wickerwork, hamper): for Indo-European base see cradle
- to carry or deliver in or as in a cart, truck, etc.; transport
- to remove (someone or something) forcefully: she was carted off to jail
put the cart before the horse