- simple past tense and past participle of capture
The definition of captured means to have been taken or held hostage.
An example of captured is to have taken a prisoner of war.
- It was finally captured by Bibars, 1244.
- He picked up a newspaper and snapped it open, his attention instantly captured by something he found in its crinkled pages.
- His hand captured her chin and turned her face toward him.
- Alex captured her hand and forced her to drop the potatoes.
- He groaned and captured her lips again.