- sending out beams; shining
- radiant as with joy; bright; cheerful
A beaming flashlight.
- The definition of beaming is sending out a column of light.
An example of beaming is the light coming from a flashlight.
- Beaming is defined as smiling big because you are so happy.
An example of beaming is grinning with great joy when your baby is born.
(comparative more beaming, superlative most beaming)
- Present participle of beam.
- She was shyly paraded forward and introduced by a beaming Fred O'Connor.
- "Have you told her?" asked Natasha, suddenly beaming all over with joy.
- Carmen glanced at Señor Medena, who was beaming as if they were his children... or as if they were his biological grandchildren.
- We clapped our hands and shouted;--went away beaming with pleasure, and Teacher and I felt more light of heart than we had for sometime.
- The day had gone beautifully, and the sight of Evelyn's beaming, glowing face stuck in her head.