- the act or state of enjoying; specif.,
- the possession, use, or benefit of something
- a pleasurable experiencing of something
- something enjoyed
- pleasure; gratification; joy
The enjoyment of a day at the beach.
- If you sit basking in the sun on a perfect summer day with a big smile on your face, this is an example of enjoyment.
- If you really like sewing, this is an example of when sewing is one of your enjoyments.
Enjoyment is defined as a state of feeling pleasure and joy, or is defined as something that causes you to experience pleasure and joy.
- The act or state of enjoying.
- Use or possession of something beneficial or pleasurable.
- Something that gives pleasure: Classical music was her chief enjoyment.
- Law The receipt of the benefits of a property, such as ownership or use.
(countable and uncountable, plural enjoyments)
enjoy + -ment
- I do want to tell you a few things for your safety and enjoyment, though.
- The weather was balmy, adding to the enjoyment of the day.
- He does not consider the possibility of deriving enjoyment from wealth by helping the poor or encouraging learning (this latter, indeed, he looks on as vanity), and in general he recognizes no obligation on the part of a man to his fellows.
- It was long since Rostov had felt such enjoyment from music as he did that day.
- It gives an attractive picture of Fox's good-humour, and of his enjoyment of the "species of minor comedy which is constantly exhibited in common life."