- The definition of yonder is something that is farther away, or over there.
An example of yonder is the tractor that isn’t close by but is farther away by the barn; the yonder tractor.
- farther; more distant (with the)
- being at a distance, but within, or as within, sight; that or those over there
Origin of yonderMiddle English extension of yond: see yond
Origin of yonderMiddle English, from yond, yond; see yond.
- Something that is distant but within sight.
- Off we go, into the wild blue yonder, riding high into the sky.
The term yonder is used more often in the South than elsewhere in the US.