wrapper definition by Webster's New World
- a person or thing that wraps
- that in which something is wrapped; covering; cover; specif.,
- the leaf of tobacco forming the covering of a cigar
- dust jacket
- the paper wrapping in which a newspaper, magazine, etc. is enclosed for mailing
- a loose garment that is wrapped around the body; esp., a woman's dressing gown or baby's robe
wrapper definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- That in which an object is wrapped or covered, as:a. The material, such as paper, in which something is wrapped: a candy wrapper.b. The material encircling a magazine or newspaper sent by mail.c. A book jacket.d. The tobacco leaf covering a cigar.
- A loose dressing gown or negligee.
- One that wraps, as a store employee who wraps parcels.
wrapper - Computer Definition
A data structure or software that contains ("wraps around") other data or software, so that the contained elements can exist in the newer system. The term is often used with component software, where a wrapper is placed around a legacy routine to make it behave like an object. This is also called "encapsulation" or "wrapper encapsulation," but is not the same as "object encapsulation," a fundamental concept of object technology. See encapsulation and tunneling.