- a day on which work is ordinarily done, esp. as distinguished from a Sunday, holiday, etc.
- the part of a day during which work is done; specif., the number of hours constituting the required day's work for the regular wage or salary: a seven-hour workday
Origin of workdayLate Middle English werkdai, probably from werk + dai (OE weorcdæg)
- A day on which work is usually done.
- The part of the day during which one works: an eight-hour workday.
- Any of the days of a week on which work is done. The five working days in many countries are usually Monday to Friday (are defined as such in official and legal usage even though many people work on weekends).
- It will take five working days to process your application.
- That part of a day in which work is done.
- My workday is 8 hours.
(comparative more workday, superlative most workday)