- The definition of quotidian is something boring, mundane or occurring every day.
Your typical daily trek to work where absolutely nothing interesting ever happens is an example of something that would be described as a quotidian trek.
quotidian definition by Webster's New World
- daily; recurring every day
- everyday; usual or ordinary
Origin: Middle English cotidian ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin quotidianus ; from quotidie, daily ; from quot, as many as (for Indo-European base see quote) plush dies, day
quotidian definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Everyday; commonplace: “There's nothing quite like a real . . . train conductor to add color to a quotidian commute” (Anita Diamant).
- Recurring daily. Used especially of attacks of malaria.
Origin: Middle English cotidien, from Old French, from Latin quōtīdiānus, from quōtīdiē, each day : quot, how many, as many as; see kwo- in Indo-European roots + diē, ablative of diēs, day; see dyeu- in Indo-European roots.
quotidian - Medical Definition