The quotient for this problem is 597.
Quotient is the result you get when you divide one number by another number.
When you divide 10 by 5, the number 2 is the example of the quotient.
- the result obtained when one number is divided by another
- the whole-number part of this result
- the fraction indicating this division
- Math. the result obtained when one algebraic expression is divided by another
- the degree to which some characteristic, element, etc. is present: a rise in our population's anxiety quotient
Origin of quotientMiddle English quocient ; from Classical Latin quoties, quotiens, how often, how many times ; from quot, how many
The number obtained by dividing one quantity by another. In 45 ÷ 3 = 15, 15 is the quotient.
Origin of quotientMiddle English quocient, from Latin quoti&emacron;ns, quotient-, how many times, from quot, how many; see kwo- in Indo-European roots.
- not quite
From Latin quotiens, from quoties