winged[wiŋd; often poet. wiŋ′id]
winged definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- having wings or winglike parts
- moving, esp. swiftly, on or as if on wings
- lofty; sublime: winged words
winged definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Having wings or winglike appendages.b. Having wings of a specified kind. Often used in combination: broken-winged; large-winged.
- Moving on or as if on wings; flying.
- Soaring as if with wings; elevated or sublime.
- Swift; fleet.