- to strike or slap with a sharp, resounding blow
- Slang to murder (a person), often, specif., for pay
Origin of whackechoic
- a sharp, resounding blow
- the sound of this
at a whack
have a whack atInformal
- to aim a blow at
- to make an attempt at
out of whack
- Informal to separate or remove by or as by a blow
- Slang to masturbate: somewhat vulgar
verbwhacked, whack·ing, whacks
- To strike (someone or something) with a sharp blow; slap.
- Slang To kill deliberately; murder.
- A sharp, swift blow.
- The sound made by a sharp, swift blow.
Origin of whackProbably imitative
(third-person singular simple present whacks, present participle whacking, simple past and past participle whacked)