A wasteland in Australia.
- A city after a bombing attack is an example of a wasteland.
- Visiting a city that doesn't have museums, galleries or studios is an example of an artistic wasteland.
The definition of a wasteland is an area that has been damaged or is lacking in the positive qualities of life.
- land that is uncultivated, barren, or without vegetation
- a neglected, improperly managed, or intellectually unproductive activity, endeavor, etc.
- Land that is desolate, barren, or ravaged.
- Something that is lacking in intellectual or cultural substance: a critic who considers pop music a cultural wasteland.
- A region with no remaining resources; a desert.
- Ten years of drought had left the area a wasteland
- Any barren or uninteresting place.
- After his experiences, he no longer found western Kansas such a wasteland