- The definition of a waiter is a person who serves your table at a restaurant.
A man who takes your order and brings you drinks and food at a restaurant is an example of a waiter.
A waiter brings coffee to his customers.
waiter definition by Webster's New World
- a person who waits or awaits
- a man who waits on tables, as in a restaurant
- a tray for carrying dishes; salver
Origin: Middle English waitere, watchman
waiter definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who serves at a table, as in a restaurant.
- A tray or salver.