uproarious[up rôr′ē əs]
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- making, or characterized by, an uproar; tumultuous
- loud and boisterous, as laughter
- causing such laughter: an uproarious joke
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Causing or accompanied by an uproar: an uproarious New Year's party.
- Loud and full; boisterous: uproarious laughter.
- Causing hearty laughter; hilarious: uproarious tales.
- up·roarˈi·ous·ly adverb
- up·roarˈi·ous·ness noun