- Present participle of type.
- Assigning or classification by type.
- (computing) the act of typing on a keyboard.
typing - Computer Definition
(1) To input data to a typewriter or computer by pressing the keys on the keyboard.
(2) In programming, classifying variables by the kind of data they hold (string, integer, floating point, etc.). Strongly typed languages enforce strict adherence to typing and do not allow data types to be mixed in the same variable. Weakly typed languages provide minimal validation, which can result in processing errors.