- the art, act, or process of using a typewriter
- writing done on a typewriter
Typewriting is the act of writing something using a typewriter.
A story for a newpaper written while using a typewriter is an example of typewriting.
- The act, process, or skill of using a typewriter.
- Copy produced on a typewriter; typescript.
- Present participle of typewrite.
- Norwalk has some manufactures, including woollen goods and typewriting machines; and there is some coasting trade, oysters especially being shipped from Norwalk.
- A few of the blubber oils, like dolphin jaw and porpoise jaw oils (used for lubricating typewriting machines), have exceedingly high saponification values ` owing to their containing volatile fatty acids with a small number of carbon atoms. Notable also are coco-nut and palm-nut oils, the saponification numbers of which vary from 240 to 260, and especially butter-fat, which has a saponification value of about 227.