a tightly fitting, knitted one-piece covering for the hips, legs, and usually the feet
- A snug stretchable garment covering the body from the waist down, designed for general wear by women and girls.
- A similar garment designed for athletic use, worn especially by acrobats and dancers.
- A close-fitting, sheer or non-sheer skin-tight garment worn principally by women and girls that covers the body completely from the waist down, usually including the feet.
- A similar, non-sheer garment worn by dancers of either sex, especially by ballet dancers.
- In blasting rock, a piece of unbroken rock within the pay limit of a blast.
US English uses the term pantyhose to refer to sheer tights.