- An example of a tie-in is a sitcom that makes reference to the top movie of the year.
- An example of a tie-in is to offer one article if you purchase another article.
The definition of a tie-in is a connection, particularly between different items.
designating or of a sale or campaign in which two or more products or items are offered in combination
- a tie-in sale or advertisement
- an article sold in this way
- a connection or relationship
- A connection or association: the tie-in between economic hardship and civil strife.
- a. A media product, such as a book, video game, or movie, that makes use of material presented in another, usually more well-known media product: a video game that was a tie-in to a popular movie.b. An advertisement or promotional action connecting one brand or product with another or with a popular event.
From tie + in.
(plural tie ins)
- Alternative spelling of tie-in.