- a linking or being linked
- a series or system of links, slides, cranks, wheels, or gears for transmitting power or motion
- Biol. the tendency of some genes to remain together and act as a unit (linkage group) in inheritance, generally in the same chromosome
- bond (sense )
- the type of bonding between various atoms or groups in a molecule
- Elec. the product of the number of lines of magnetic flux times the number of turns in the coil surrounding it: it is used to measure the voltage that is induced by magnetic flux
- a. The act or process of linking.b. The condition of being linked.
- A connection or relation; an association.
- A negotiating policy of making agreement on one issue dependent on progress toward another objective.
- A system of interconnected machine elements, such as rods, springs, and pivots, used to transmit power or motion.
- Electricity A measure of the induced voltage in a circuit caused by a magnetic flux and equal to the flux times the number of turns in the coil that surrounds it.
- Genetics An association between two or more genes such that the traits they control tend to be inherited together.
- A mechanical device that connects things.
- A linkage in my car's transmission is broken so I can't shift out of first gear.
- A connection or relation between things or ideas.
- (genetics) The property of genes of being inherited together.
- (linguistics) A set of definitely related languages for which no proto-language can be derived, typically a group of languages within a family that have formed a sprachbund.
link + -age