- An example of straight-line design is art work made up of lines that do not bend or wave.
- An example of straight-line depreciation is assuming the same amount of depreciation each month.
The definition of straight-line is something with lines that do not wave or curve, or a way to spread costs across a period of time all at the same rate.
- composed of straight lines
- Finance designating or of a method of allocating costs to given time periods at a fixed rate: straight-line depreciation
- designating or of a device, mechanism, etc. whose main parts are positioned or move in a straight line
- designating a device designed to transmit or cause motion in a straight line
- Lying in a straight line.
- Relating to a device whose linkage produces or copies motion in straight lines.
- Meteorology Relating to or being a powerful and often destructive wind that moves in a straight rather than circular path as the leading edge of a thunderstorm or as the result of a downburst.
- Accounting Of or being a mode of amortization by equal payments at stated intervals over a given period of time.