exponential[eks′pō nen′s̸həl, -c̸həl]
- The definition of exponential refers to a large number in smaller terms, or something that is increasing at a faster and faster rate.
- An example of exponential is 25 being shown as 5x5.
- An example of exponential is the erosion that is happening on the Holderness coast in eastern England.
- of or relating to an exponent
- involving a variable or unknown quantity as an exponent
- of or increasing by extraordinary proportions
- Of or relating to an exponent.
- Mathematics a. Containing, involving, or expressed as an exponent.b. Expressed in terms of a designated power of e, the base of natural logarithms.