transitive verb-·ized·, -·iz·ing
- to fill with terror; terrify
- to coerce, make submit, etc. by filling with terror, as by the use or threat of violence
transitive verbter·ror·ized, ter·ror·iz·ing, ter·ror·iz·es
- To fill or overpower with terror; terrify.
- To coerce or intimidate by causing fear. See Synonyms at frighten.
(third-person singular simple present terrorizes, present participle terrorizing, simple past and past participle terrorized)
- (American) Alternative spelling of terrorise.
terror +"Ž -ize