A tearful woman.
- A person who sobs at movies all the time is an example of someone who is tearful.
- A sad goodbye is an example of a tearful goodbye.
The definition of tearful is someone who is crying or who cries often, or is something that causes crying.
- in tears; crying
- on the verge of tears
- tending to shed tears; weepy
- causing tears or apt to cause tears; sad; pathetic
- Filled with or accompanied by tears: tearful eyes; a tearful farewell.
- So piteous as to excite tears: a tearful melodrama.
(comparative more tearful, superlative most tearful)
tear +"Ž -ful