A lachrymose woman.
- An example of someone lachrymose is an emotional new mother.
- An example of something lachrymose is a sad story where the love interest dies.
The definition of lachrymose is someone who cries easily or something that causes sadness.
- inclined to shed many tears; tearful
- causing tears; sad: a lachrymose tale
Origin of lachrymoseClassical Latin lacrimosus from lacrima, tear
- Weeping or inclined to weep; tearful.
- Causing or tending to cause tears.
Origin of lachrymoseLatin lacrimōsus from lacrima tear ; see lachrymal .
- lach′ry·mos′i·ty lac′ri·mos′i·ty
(comparative more lachrymose, superlative most lachrymose)