subdivision[sub′di viz̸h′ən; also, and for 3 always, sub′di viz̸h′ən]
subdivision definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a subdividing or being subdivided
- one of the parts resulting from subdividing
- a piece of land resulting from this; esp., a large tract subdivided into small parcels for sale
Origin: Ecclesiastical Late Latin subdivisio
subdivision definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. The act or process of subdividing.b. A subdivided part.
- An area of real estate composed of subdivided lots.
- subˌdi·viˈsion·al adjective
subdivision - Business Definition
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Business Terms Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
A parcel of land that has been legally divided into two or more lots or tracts for the purpose of sale or development.
subdivision - Legal Definition
A reduction in area of a piece of land by dividing it up into two or more smaller parcels.