- a subdividing or being subdivided
- one of the parts resulting from subdividing
- a piece of land resulting from this; esp., a large tract subdivided into small parcels for sale
Origin of subdivisionEcclesiastical Late Latin subdivisio
- a. The act or process of subdividing.b. A subdivided part.
- An area of real estate subdivided into individual lots.
(countable and uncountable, plural subdivisions)
- (countable, uncountable) a division into smaller pieces of something that has already been divided; to separate something
- Subdivide the sentence into pieces and understand it a bit at a time.
- (countable) such a piece that has been divided
- Work on one subdivision at a time.
- (countable) a parcel of land that has been divided into lots
- (countable) a group of houses created by the same builder or in the same general area
- They're putting in a new subdivision out past Black Ranch Road.
From sub- +"Ž division
subdivision - Legal Definition
A reduction in area of a piece of land by dividing it up into two or more smaller parcels.