- a subdivision of a class; specif., any main natural subdivision of a class of plants or animals
- Math. subset
- Biology A taxonomic category of related organisms ranking below a class and above an order.
- A subdivision of a set or class.
(third-person singular simple present subclasses, present participle subclassing, simple past and past participle subclassed)
- (computing) In object-oriented programming, to create a subclass of.
- I subclassed the Button class to create a more specialised FancyButton class for my user interface.
- (computing) To cause (a window or object) to act as a member of a subclass.
- (cause to act as a member of a subclass): unsubclass
sub- +â€Ž class
subclass - Computer Definition
In programming, to add custom processing to an existing function or subroutine by hooking into the routine at a predefined point and adding additional lines of code.