- The definition of a strap is something used to carry, bind, fasten or connect.
An example of a strap is a narrow piece of leather to carry a purse over the shoulder; a shoulder strap.
- Strap is defined as to fasten or connect.
An example of strap is to buckle a seat belt.
strap definition by Webster's New World
- a narrow strip or band of leather or other flexible material, often with a buckle or similar fastener at one end, for binding or securing things
- any flat, narrow piece, as of metal, used as a fastening
- any of several straplike parts or things, as a shoulder strap, a loop for pulling on boots, a razor strop, etc.
Origin: dialect, dialectal form of strop
strap definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A long narrow strip of pliant material such as leather.b. Such a strip equipped with a buckle or similar fastener for binding or securing objects.
- A thin flat metal or plastic band used for fastening or clamping objects together or into position.
- A narrow band formed into a loop for grasping with the hand.
- A razor strop.
- A strip of leather used in flogging.
- To fasten or secure with a strap.
- To beat with a strap.
- To sharpen (a razor, for example).
Origin: Alteration of strop.
- strapˈpy adjective
strap - Investment & Finance Definition
strap - Medical Definition