- The definition of speaking is something used for talking and communicating.
An example of speaking is the voice you use when you give a lecture.
- Speaking is the act of talking.
- An example of speaking is when you are talking.
- An example of speaking is when you give a lecture in public.
- that speaks or seems to speak; expressive; eloquent; vivid: a speaking likeness
- used in or for speech
- allowing or admitting of speech: within speaking range
- the act or art of a person who speaks
- that which is spoken; utterance; discourse
on speaking terms
- a. Capable of speech.b. Involving speaking or talking: has a speaking part in the play.
- Expressive or telling; eloquent.
- True to life; lifelike: a speaking likeness.
- Used in speaking.
- one's normal speaking voice
- Expressive; eloquent.
- The sight was more speaking than any speech could be.
- Involving speaking.
- It was her first speaking part: she screamed.
- Having the ability of speech.
- speaking parrot; speaking clock
- (in compounds) Having competence in a language.
- the English-speaking gentleman gave us directions; I travel in Russian-speaking countries; the French-speaking world listened in to the broadcast
- Present participle of speak.