- characterized by snow or, esp., by much snow
- covered or filled with snow: a snowy valley
- like or suggestive of snow; specif.,
- pure; unsoiled; spotless
- of or consisting of snow
Origin of snowyMiddle English snawi from Old English snawig
- a. Abounding in or covered with snow: a snowy day.b. Subject to snow: a snowy climate.
- Resembling or suggesting snow, especially in whiteness: snowy linens.
(comparative snowier, superlative snowiest)
- Covered with snow.
- snowy hills
- Resembling snow.
- a snowy beard
- When snow is falling.
- a snowy day
Old English snÄwiÄ¡, corresponding to snow +"Ž -y.