the title character of a fairy tale, a princess who flees her jealous stepmother, finds refuge with seven dwarfs, and is awakened from a sleeping spell by a prince
Origin of Snow Whitetranslated, translation of Low German Schneewittchen, character so named because of her fair skin
white as snow
Pure white; white as snow.
- As white as snow; exceptionally white.
- (offensive, slang) A Caucasian person, especially a woman
- A fairy tale, the best-known version of Schneewittchen collected by the brothers Grimm, in which a beautiful young girl is poisoned by a jealous queen and tended by dwarfs.
- The main character in that story.
- A fictional character in the fairy tale Snow-White and Rose-Red, from Schneeweißchen und Rosenrot collected by the brothers Grimm.