- The definition of a snoop is a detective or a person who investigates by poking around into people's private affairs.
A person who spies on her neighbors every night with a telescope is an example of a snoop.
- To snoop is to investigate or poke around, typically into someone's private affairs or where you are not wanted.
When you peek in someone's bushes and look through their trash to find out more about them, this is an example of a time when you snoop.
Origin of snoopDutch snoepen, to eat snacks on the sly
- a person who snoopsalso snooper
- the act of snooping
intransitive verbsnooped, snoop·ing, snoops
Origin of snoopDutch snoepen, to eat on the sly.
(third-person singular simple present snoops, present participle snooping, simple past and past participle snooped)
- The act of snooping
- One who snoops
- Be careful what you say around Gene because he's the bosses' snoop.
- A private detective
- She hired a snoop to find out if her husband was having an affair.