A child peeks through a hole in a fence.
- The definition of a peek is a quick look.
An example of a peek is a quick glance inside a new car.
- Peek is defined as to look at someone secretly or quickly.
- An example of peek is to stare at a person through a hole in a door.
- An example of peek is to notice a woman, but then look away.
to glance or look quickly and furtively, esp. through an opening or from behind something
Origin of peekMiddle English piken ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
such a glance
intransitive verbpeeked, peek·ing, peeks
- To glance quickly.
- To look or peer furtively, as from a place of concealment.
- To be only partially visible, as if peering or emerging from hiding: Tiny crocuses peeked through the snow.
A brief or furtive look.
Origin of peekMiddle English piken, perhaps alteration of Middle Dutch kieken, variant of k&imacron;ken.