Sarah gets frustrated with her roommate's slothful tendencies.
The definition of slothful is very lazy.
An example of a slothful person is someone who never lifts a finger to help his parents with chores.
Disinclined to work or exertion; lazy. See Synonyms at lazy.
- But he was too slothful to have more than a passive part in the direction of his own government.
- 3.2: "The Galileans are inured to war from their infancy, and have been always very numerous; nor hath the country been ever destitute of men of courage or wanted a numerous set of them; for their soil is universally rich and fruitful, and full of plantations of trees of all sorts, insomuch that it invites the most slothful to take pains in its cultivation....
- An unclean person is universally a slothful one, one who sits by a stove, whom the sun shines on prostrate, who reposes without being fatigued.
- Again, the meanness of my estate doth somewhat move me; for though I cannot accuse myself that I am either prodigal or slothful, yet my health is not to spend, nor my course to get.
- The coastmen were expert smugglers and wreckers, the agriculturists were ignorant and drunken, the parish clergy were slothful, in many cases intemperate, and largely given to fox-hunting.