Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- of or characteristic of a slave or slaves; specif.,
- hopelessly submissive; servile
- Now Rare involving drudgery; laborious
- blindly dependent or imitative: slavish adherence to a model
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or characteristic of a slave or slavery; servile: Her slavish devotion to her job ruled her life.
- Showing no originality; blindly imitative: a slavish copy of the original.
- slavˈish·ly adverb
- slavˈish·ness noun