slavish definition by Webster's New World
- of or characteristic of a slave or slaves; specif.,
- hopelessly submissive; servile
- Now Rare involving drudgery; laborious
- blindly dependent or imitative: slavish adherence to a model
slavish definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or characteristic of a slave or slavery; servile: Her slavish devotion to her job ruled her life.
- Showing no originality; blindly imitative: a slavish copy of the original.
- slavˈish·ly adverb
- slavˈish·ness noun