- Present participle of schedule.
Variant of schedule
- Obsolete a paper with writing on it
- a list, catalog, or inventory of details, often as an explanatory supplement to a will, bill of sale, deed, tax form, etc.
- ☆ a list of times of recurring events, projected operations, arriving and departing trains, etc.; timetable
- ☆ a timed plan for a procedure or project
Origin of schedulealtered (infl. by LL) ; from Middle English sedule ; from Old French cedule ; from Late Latin schedula, diminutive of Classical Latin scheda, a strip of papyrus ; from Classical Greek schidē, splinter of wood, split piece ; from schizein, to split: see schizo-