Leanne attempted to sabotage her husband while he was putting the ball.
- The definition of sabotage is an intentional destruction of something.
An example of sabotage is the ruining of another student's science fair project so that they cannot win.
- Sabotage is defined as to intentionally destroy something.
An example of sabotage is to ruin a relationship by falsely telling the girl that her boyfriend is cheating.
- intentional destruction of machines, waste of materials, etc., as by employees during labor disputes
- destruction of railroads, bridges, machinery, etc., as by enemy agents or by an underground resistance
- the deliberate obstruction of or damage to any cause, movement, activity, effort, etc.
Origin of sabotageFrench from saboter, to work badly, damage from sabot: see sabot and -age: from damage done to machinery by wooden shoes
transitive verb-·taged·, -·tag·ing
- The deliberate destruction of property or obstruction of normal operations, as by civilians or enemy agents in a time of war.
- The deliberate attempt to damage, destroy, or hinder a cause or activity.
transitive verbsab·o·taged, sab·o·tag·ing, sab·o·tag·es
Origin of sabotageFrench from saboter to walk noisily, bungle, sabotage from sabot sabot ; see sabot .
- A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction.
- (military) An act or acts with intent to injure, interfere with, or obstruct the national defense of a country by willfully injuring or destroying, or attempting to injure or destroy, any national defense or war materiel, premises, or utilities, to include human and natural resources .
(third-person singular simple present sabotages, present participle sabotaging, simple past and past participle sabotaged)
- to deliberately destroy or damage something in order to prevent it from being successful
- The railway line had been sabotaged by enemy commandos
From French sabotage (verb is from the noun)
sabotage - Computer Definition
The deliberate damage to equipment or information. For example, website defacement is an example of information sabotage.