countermine[ko̵unt′ər mīn′; for v., also ko̵unt′ər mīn′]
countermine definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a military mine for intercepting or destroying an enemy mine
Origin: Middle English countremine: see counter- and amp; mine
countermine definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb coun·ter·mined, coun·ter·min·ing, coun·ter·mines verb, transitive
- To frustrate or defeat by secret and opposite measures.
- To make or use a countermine against.
To make or lay down countermines.noun
- A tunnel dug to intercept and destroy an enemy's mine.
- A plot to frustrate or defeat an attack.