A soldiers reunion with his family.
- The definition of a reunion is the act of two or more people coming back together, or a gathering of people who've been away from each other.
An example of a reunion is the homecoming of a soldier.
- the act of reuniting
- a gathering of persons after separation: a family reunion
Origin of reunionFrench réunion ; from Medieval Latin reunio: see re- and amp; union
- a. The act of reuniting.b. The state of being reunited.
- A gathering of the members of a group who have been separated: a high school reunion.
An island of France in the western Indian Ocean southwest of Mauritius. Previously uninhabited, it was visited by the Portuguese in the early 1500s and first colonized by the French in the mid-1600s as the Isle de Bourbon. Renamed Réunion in 1793, it became an overseas department in 1946.
- The process or act of reuniting.
- The reunion took forever, but it was worth it.
- It was a tearful and heartfelt reunion as the trapped miners finally saw their dear loved ones again.
- A planned event at which members of a dispersed group meet together.
- Are you going to the reunion this year?
re- +"Ž union