- a coming or returning to one's home
- in many schools, colleges, and universities, an annual celebration attended by alumni
- A coming to or returning home.
- An annual event at schools, colleges, and universities for visiting graduates.
- The act or event of returning to home.
- His homecoming was saddened by the news of his mother's death the day before.
- (US) In colleges and high schools, a tradition centred around a football game, a parade and the "coronation" of a Homecoming Queen.
- Many alumni come back for homecoming, and many freshmen are advised to flee.
- And it's certainly not unusual for the first major tie experience to occur on the date of a major occasion, such as a homecoming dance or prom night, a job or college entrance interview or a fancy party that requires dressy attire.
- By seeking trends through hair magazines, fashion books and expert advice, finding the newest hairstyles for Homecoming ensures you'll be up to date and stylish on the biggest dance night of the school year.
- However, in addition to the squad's dancing responsibilities during basketball season, the dance squad also performs for community organizations as well as various major events on campus such as Homecoming.
- These candles would be perfect accents for your home, or can be displayed during a celebration for the Fourth of July, a military homecoming, or any other gathering in which patriotism is being celebrated.
- However, making up "hello cheers" for the seniors on the team to introduce them for the big homecoming game or introducing positions with a hello cheer can really incite the crowd to cheer extra loud.