- a coming or returning to one's home
- in many schools, colleges, and universities, an annual celebration attended by alumni
- A coming to or returning home.
- An annual event at schools, colleges, and universities for visiting graduates.
- The act or event of returning to home.
- His homecoming was saddened by the news of his mother's death the day before.
- (US) In colleges and high schools, a tradition centred around a football game, a parade and the "coronation" of a Homecoming Queen.
- Many alumni come back for homecoming, and many freshmen are advised to flee.