The definition of resilience is the quality of being able to resume its original shape, or the ability to recover quickly.noun
- An example of resilience is the elastic waist band in sweat pants.
- An example of resilience is a woman recovering from having a c-section in only one week.
- the ability to bounce or spring back into shape, position, etc.
- the ability to recover strength, spirits, good humor, etc. quickly; buoyancy
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The ability to recover quickly from illness, change, or misfortune; buoyancy.
- The property of a material that enables it to resume its original shape or position after being bent, stretched, or compressed; elasticity.