Grace has shown an amazing amount of resilience while battling cancer.
- An example of resilience is the elastic waist band in sweat pants.
- An example of resilience is a woman recovering from having a c-section in only one week.
The definition of resilience is the quality of being able to resume its original shape, or the ability to recover quickly.
the quality of being resilient; esp.,
- the ability to bounce or spring back into shape, position, etc.
- the ability to recover strength, spirits, good humor, etc. quickly; buoyancy
- The ability to recover quickly from illness, change, or misfortune; buoyancy.
- The property of a material that enables it to resume its original shape or position after being bent, stretched, or compressed; elasticity.
(countable and uncountable, plural resiliences)
- The mental ability to recover quickly from depression, illness or misfortune.
- The physical property of material that can resume its shape after being stretched or deformed; elasticity.
- The positive ability of a system or company to adapt itself to the consequences of a catastrophic failure caused by power outage, a fire, a bomb or similar (particularly IT systems, archives).
From Latin resiliÅ (“to spring back").