Grace has shown an amazing amount of resilience while battling cancer.
- An example of resilience is the elastic waist band in sweat pants.
- An example of resilience is a woman recovering from having a c-section in only one week.
- the ability to bounce or spring back into shape, position, etc.
- the ability to recover strength, spirits, good humor, etc. quickly; buoyancy
- The ability to recover quickly from illness, change, or misfortune; buoyancy.
- The property of a material that enables it to resume its original shape or position after being bent, stretched, or compressed; elasticity.
(countable and uncountable, plural resiliences)
- The mental ability to recover quickly from depression, illness or misfortune.
- The physical property of material that can resume its shape after being stretched or deformed; elasticity.
- The positive ability of a system or company to adapt itself to the consequences of a catastrophic failure caused by power outage, a fire, a bomb or similar (particularly IT systems, archives).
From Latin resiliÅ (“to spring back").