- the ability to bounce or spring back into shape, position, etc.
- the ability to recover strength, spirits, good humor, etc. quickly; buoyancy
Grace has shown an amazing amount of resilience while battling cancer.
- An example of resilience is the elastic waist band in sweat pants.
- An example of resilience is a woman recovering from having a c-section in only one week.
The definition of resilience is the quality of being able to resume its original shape, or the ability to recover quickly.
the quality of being resilient; esp.,
- The ability to recover quickly from illness, change, or misfortune; buoyancy.
- The property of a material that enables it to resume its original shape or position after being bent, stretched, or compressed; elasticity.
(countable and uncountable, plural resiliences)
- The mental ability to recover quickly from depression, illness or misfortune.
- The physical property of material that can resume its shape after being stretched or deformed; elasticity.
- The positive ability of a system or company to adapt itself to the consequences of a catastrophic failure caused by power outage, a fire, a bomb or similar (particularly IT systems, archives).
From Latin resiliÅ (“to spring back").
- If you are looking for products that will minimize age spots, increase your skin's resilience, and provide deep hydration, L'Oreal Age Perfect may be the skin care line for you.
- Criss, Michael M., et al. "Family Adversity, Positive Peer Relationships, and Children's Externalizing Behavior: A Longitudinal Perspective on Risk and Resilience."
- People also experience improvement in posture, breathing, strength, flexibility, resilience to stress, and a host of other beneficial effects.
- When put under the test of everyday wear and tear, the most optimal material for your sunglasses construction is nylon, because of its resilience to cracking and ability to return to its originally designed shape.
- With a selection of both men's and women's watches, Coutura is both contemporary and elegant, combining the resilience of a sports watch with the style of a fashion watch.