- a bending, curving, or flexing, as of a heavy object under its own weight
- a bend, curve, or fold
Origin of flexureClassical Latin flexura
- A curve, turn, or fold, such as a bend in a tubular organ: a flexure of the colon.
- The act or an instance of bending or flexing; flexion.
- The act of bending or flexing; flexion.
- A turn; a bend; a fold; a curve.
- (anatomy) A curve or bend in a tubular organ.
- (zoology) The last joint, or bend, of the wing of a bird.
- (astronomy) The small distortion of an astronomical instrument caused by the weight of its parts; the amount to be added or subtracted from the observed readings of the instrument to correct them for this distortion.