- When your one-year contract says that you have the option at the end to sign up for another year, this is an example of a renewable contract.
- When energy is produced by the sun and it can easily be recreated, this is an example of renewable energy.
The definition of renewable is able to return, or able to be recreated or continued.
- that can be renewed: a renewable lease
- Ecol. that can be replenished by normal ecological cycles, as solar, wind, or water power: renewable energy
- Capable of being renewed: a renewable membership; renewable subscriptions.
- Relating to or being a commodity or resource, such as solar energy or firewood, that is inexhaustible or replaceable by new growth.
(comparative more renewable, superlative most renewable)
renew +"Ž -able