- The definition of a recommendation is something advised or suggested.
An example of a recommendation is a book that a teacher suggests his students read over the summer.
- the act of recommending, or calling attention to, a person or thing as suited to some purpose
- anything that recommends or makes a favorable or pleasing impression; specif., a letter recommending a person or thing
- advice; counsel
Origin: Middle English recomendacion from Midieval Latin recommendatio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of recommending.
- Something that recommends, especially a favorable statement concerning character or qualifications.
- Something, such as a course of action, that is recommended. See Synonyms at advice.
- recˌom·menˈda·toˌry adjective