(comparative more recommendable, superlative most recommendable)
- Capable of being recommended.
Variant of recommend
- to give in charge; commit; entrust: recommended to our care
- to suggest favorably as suited for some use, function, position, etc.: to recommend a book, a doctor, etc.
- to make acceptable or pleasing: much on the island to recommend it
- to advise; counsel; suggest: to recommend that something be done
Origin of recommendMiddle English recomenden ; from Medieval Latin recommendare: see re- and amp; commend