The letter R.
An example of r is the first letter of the word "rooster."
- the eighteenth letter of the English alphabet: from the Greek rho, a borrowing from the Phoenician
- any of the speech sounds that this letter represents, as, in English, the (r) of rude
- a type or impression for r or R
- the eighteenth in a sequence or group
- an object shaped like
- of r or R
- eighteenth in a sequence or group
- shaped like
the three R's
- Printing recto
- Card Games rubber
- Baseball run(s)
Origin of RClassical Latin Rex king
Origin of RL Regina queen
- Chem. radical, esp. organic radical
- Math. ratio
- registered (trademark): symbol, ®
- regular (clothing size)
- Elec. resistance
- Chess rook
- Baseball run(s)
Origin of RL recipePharmacy take: also ?
nounpl. r's or R's also rs or Rs
- The 18th letter of the modern English alphabet.
- Any of the speech sounds represented by the letter r.
- The 18th in a series.
- Something shaped like the letter R.
stained glass, Victoria Theatre
This skylight in Halifax, England, displays Queen Victoria's royal cipher, VR (for Victoria Regina).
- or R Electricity resistance
- The symbol for gas constant.
- The symbol for a hydrocarbon side chain or substituent of variable chemical structure.
- range (surveying)
- Réaumur (scale)
- registered trademark
- Ecclesiastical response
- or r roentgen
- rook (chess)
- Baseball run
- rod (unit of length)
(lower case, upper case R)
lower case (upper case R)
Old English lower case letter r, from 7th century replacement by Latin lower case r of the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc letter áš±.
(conjugated form of b)
- (abbreviation, slang, text messaging, Internet) are (in text messaging and internet conversations)
- How r u "” “How are you?"
From are, pronounced like the name of the letter r
(upper case, lower case r)
upper case (lower case r)
- (informal) ASCII notation for the registered trademark symbol ®.
- This version of the symbol has no legal meaning.
- The currency unit real (current Brazilian unit of currency).
- An island off the west coast of France, by La Rochelle
r - Computer Definition
- The symbol for Resistance. See resistance.
- R interface or Reference Point R in ISDN. See Ref-erence Point R.
A programming language for statistical computing and graphics that is released under the GNU license. R was designed to handle a wide variety of complex statistical tasks, and many user-developed routines are also available. R is the open source version of S, which was developed in the mid-1970s by John Chambers at Bell Labs (S-PLUS is a commercial version from TIBCO Software). For more information, visit www.r-project.org.