- An example of a puss is a kitten.
- An example of a sour puss is a sour expression on the face.
Puss is a term for a cat or young woman, or for the face, particularly the mouth.
- a domesticated cat: often used in calling a cat
- Old-fashioned a girl or young woman: term of affection
Origin of pussorigin, originally uncertain or unknown; perhaps echoic of the spitting of a cat: akin to Dutch poes, Swedish dialect, dialectal pus, Low German puus, cat
- ⌂ the face
- ⌂ the mouth
Origin of puss; from Irish pus, mouth
- A cat.
- A girl or young woman. Often used as a term of endearment.
- Offensive Slang A man regarded as weak, timid, or unmanly.
Origin of pussAkin to Dutch poes and Middle Low German p&umacron;se, cat, probably ultimately imitative of calls used to attract cats .
- The mouth.
- The human face.
Origin of pussIrish Gaelic pus, mouth, from Middle Irish bus, lip.
Found also in several other European and Western Asian languages. Compare Romanian pisica.
- (slang) The mouth.
- She gave him a slap in the puss.